Believe it or not, I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award! Woohoo!! (Envision me jumping for joy.) I most humbly thank the talented and beautifully ethereal Maira for this nomination. She is quite a creative blogger herself. See her talent for yourself at mairacharmed. I am grateful to you, Maira!
Here are the five random facts about me:
- I am married to a farmer. My only personal claim to farming is that I can look out my window and see the cows in the pasture. In other words, my husband does all the farming.
- I am a fan of children—all shapes, sizes and quirks. (I even like the obnoxious ones.)
- Children’s literature is my favorite! Beverly Cleary, L. Frank Baum, Roald Dahl, E. B. White, C. S. Lewis, Mary Norton, E. Nesbit, and Beatrix Potter, to name a few. I tend to gravitate toward classic English literature ( think Dickens, Austen, Shakespeare) when I actually read grown up works. When I’m feeling especially intelligent, I might read some Dostoyevsky.
- Cooking, especially baking, is almost as beneficial a therapy for me as writing, neither of which is helping me lose weight.
- I have fourteen grandchildren. Yes, Christmases are expensive.
Check out my nominees for The Creative Blogger Award:
Elan Mudrow (artistically done)
Midimike (currently using his blog and his music to help a friend recover from a house fire)
L M Nelson (writer writing about writing, and if you like romance, she has a book for sale)
Maria Johnson (also has a book for sale, but it doesn’t look like romance)
Elizabeth Ann Johnson-Murphree (writing is beautiful and artwork is amazing )
Jesse (young, energetic and cute)
These are your rules:
1.Share five random facts about yourself.
2.Nominate some blogs and notify the nominees.
3.Post the link of the blog that nominated you.